How to get color value of pixel in IBitmap?

If you have an IBitmap object, how do you get the pixel color value from the X and Y coordinates?
Can 't you get a pointer to an array of pixels in any way?
It is desirable to have the following function in the IBitmap class: IColor GetPixel(int x, int y)

In this case, I would like to ask how to load data into an IBitmap object from a two-dimensional ARGB byte array?

we didn’t add that yet

some discussions:

and experiments:

Thank you, but unfortunately in my case it is easier to create a duplicate image in the form of an IColor array, considering its small size.
I just wish I had more opportunities in IBitmap. For a long time I programmed on Object Pascal in Delphi and Lazarus, there was a built-in class TBitmap and TBitmap32 from the Graphics32 library, I was pleased with the abundance of various useful functions for working with bitmap. However, when working with IBitmap, I began to feel like a castrated cat, sorry for the pun. :wink:

If you really want something in iplug2, and you consider yourself an experienced developer,
best thing to do is to make a really nice pull request.

1 Like

Unfortunately I am not such a strong C++ connoisseur, as most of my life i programmed on Object Pascal, would continue on, however, a few years ago switched to C++ and realized that with the smeared with it plugins work faster. However, I am still having difficulty in IPlug2 the GUI to do some things, like envelope editor its VSTi synthesizer PolyGAS, over time I will sort it out.

GUIs looking great :slight_smile:

So is PolyGAS in iPlug2? I will add an IVEnvelopeEditor widget sometime soon, which might help but it won’t be as sophisticated as what is in the screenshot

I thank! In the course of time I will be able to deal with all the nuances of the IPlug2.
And the Envelope Editor used in the PolyGAS is richly complex, it edits 18 envelopes, as well as scaling and scrolling, and a lot of other possibilities. This control also has a KeyScale mode. In PolyGAS, each synthesis parameter has its own envelope and Note Key dependency edited in KeyScale mode, as shown in the screenshot.

1 Like

I not did he find any IGraphics functions that would allow the measurement of text like WinApi GetTextExtentPoint32 functions. This feature is very necessary to create professional GUI based on IGraphics.