Windows: mouse-over events seem broken

I’ve got some sliders in my first-time code (running in the desktop app). They work fine.

I then added a IVRangeSliderContro - but I can’t click/drag its handles - in fact, debugging shows that no mouse-over events for any of my controls actually fire.

However, if I set a VC breakpoint in OnMouseDown() (which works), and then just resume the program with no changes, mouse-overs suddenly fire. I can then click/drag a handle, but once I release it, mouse-overs don’t fire again unless I do the breakpoint trick again.

I haven’t quite figured out why (still getting used to the framework) - it may be because the app window is losing and then receiving focus again, and this somehow makes mouse-overs work once.

Could you take a look Oli?

Did you enable mouse overs?

Erm, not explicitly. As IVRangeSliderControl relies on them for the handle hit detection, shouldn’t they be auto-enabled there?

pGraphics->EnableMouseOver(true);

Yeah might add a note about range slider. Got to update it for multitouch anyway

Thanks, that works. I wonder though why the breakpoint thing somehow enabled them temporarily? Spooky :slight_smile:.

I don’t seem to get any mouseOver/toolTips either in XCode.

They (mouseovers - not sure on tooltips) aren’t broken here - have you enabled them in your IGraphics?

yes I have, like this
pGraphics->EnableMouseOver(true); pGraphics->EnableTooltips(true);

and also a ....->SetMouseOverWhenDisabled(true);

I’m trying to flag off an IVButtonControl called cnslButton inside ::OnIdle()

cnslButton->GetMouseIsOver();

**** Its alright now. I must have been looking up the wrong button. Sorry!