Implementing 1 input, 2 outputs (i.e. mono -> stereo)

weird #define PLUG_CHANNEL_IO “1-1”/ commening out stereo processing is not making an audiounit that works in logic X for me. it shows up in the stereo menu and doesn’t work

I don’t know if this is the reason, but I’ve found that once you build the plugin for the first time, then Logic (at least) won’t let me change the IO configuration

So for example, if I build with this config:

#define PLUG_CHANNEL_IO “1-1”

and then change it to:

#define PLUG_CHANNEL_IO “1-1 2-2”

the changes will not take effect.

Any other changes do work though.

Same here. Even though AU validator shows a new I/O configuration, Logic “remembers” the very first one only. But no such problems in Reaper.

OSX10.14.6, Logic10.5.1, Reaper6.15.0

I ran into this thread in Juce that claims that in order to change bus options in Logic all you need to do is change the plugin version number.

l’ll take a look at that. Although for now it seems that this is not as simple as changing these lines:

#define PLUG_VERSION_HEX 0x00010000
#define PLUG_VERSION_STR “1.0.0”

Logic won’t have any of that for now.

1 Like

Well thanks, for me it worked. I just changed those two lines to:

#define PLUG_VERSION_HEX 0x00010002
#define PLUG_VERSION_STR “1.0.2”

and Logic updated to the new I/O format :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, great!

But that’s strange, if I do the same I get the following error during Logic’s validation:

ERROR: Component Version mismatch: Res Vers = 0x10000, Comp Vers = 0x10002

Did you change anything else? :thinking:

Nope, I changed only those two lines. But they have to correspond. It seems you have mismatched them?

No, l actually wrote the same you did :sweat_smile:

But anyway, as long as I remember to set the config right the first time I’m good…

1 Like

thanks, closing the issue i made.

For anyone reading this thread, the story is: If you change your AU’s channel IO options, you need to also bump the version number for LogicX to detect the new options correctly

2 Likes

Just one last very simple question…

In the Build Phases of the project you run a script called “prepare_resources-xxx.py” where there is a reference to config['PLUG_VERSION_INT'], but in “config.h” there’s only PLUG_VERSION_HEX and PLUG_VERSION_STR. I wonder if this is fine?

Also, in resources you have another python script called “update_version.py”. Should we add this to the Build Phases in order to bump the version?

this stuff is all going to change a little soon.

config[] is using a variable in the python script, not something in config.h… don’t worry about it

you don’t need to add anything.

I am working on reorganising the build scripts, that work is here…

you can just call bump_version.py minor, and it modifies config.h and handles everything

okay thanks, l’ll check it out :raised_hands:

I would recommend bumping the version number also when changing number of parameters or LogicX automation might not detect them.

1 Like

thanks for that observation… make sure you use the bump version script above though because apparently the version is not being read from the config.h file