Sidechain input

Sorry if this is too obvious, but is there currently support for sidechain inputs? If yes, how it needs to be specified? (for example, what is the right PLUG_CHANNEL_IO pattern to use?).

Thank you in advance,
–Stefanos

Hi Stefanos,

It’s not obvious because this is something that is not quite finished yet, and sidechain will not work correctly yet in iPlug2. It’s a high priority to fix it soon.

The idea with PLUG_CHANNEL_IO is that different supported IO bus/channel configurations “IOConfigs” are specified separated by a space token. Inputs and outputs are separated by a hyphen token. Multiple buses are separated by a dot/period token.

• An FX plug-in that can work on mono-mono or stereo-stereo tracks would have a PLUG_CHANNEL_IO 1-1 2-2

• An Instrument plugin that has multiple output buses (e.g. drumsynth) might have 0-2 0-2.2 0-2.2.2 indicating it can work with up to three stereo output buses.

• An FX plug-in with a stereo or mono side-chain input (multiple input buses) could have it set to 1.1-1 2.2-2

There will be a method to tell you the current IOConfig from the plugin’s ProcessBlock() method

Unfortunately this is quite tricky and i’m still working on it.

1 Like

Thank you, Oli.
Is there a specific branch that reflects the current work on sidechain inputs? Is there anything I can do the help accelerate that work? Perhaps I could take on some of that work if you think it would be helpful.

Best,
–Stefanos

and

is where some of this work is happening. I need to have a look again, I think it will be quite hard for anyone else to jump in on this particular aspect