Linker error: Undefined symbol "___isPlatformVersionAtLeast"

Hi,

using the latest iPlug2 + dependencies with SKIA on macOS 10.13.6 and Xcode 10.1 I get this weird linker error:

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "___isPlatformVersionAtLeast", referenced from:
      GrGetMTLTextureDescriptor(id<MTLTexture>) in libskia.a(gpu.GrMtlUtil.o)
      GrMtlGpu::Make(GrDirectContext*, GrContextOptions const&, id<MTLDevice>, id<MTLCommandQueue>) in libskia.a(gpu.GrMtlGpu.o)
      GrMtlGpu::clearTexture(GrMtlTexture*, unsigned long, unsigned int) in libskia.a(gpu.GrMtlGpu.o)
      GrMtlGpu::onCreateTexture(SkISize, GrBackendFormat const&, GrRenderable, int, SkBudgeted, GrProtected, int, unsigned int) in libskia.a(gpu.GrMtlGpu.o)
      GrMtlGpu::onCreateCompressedTexture(SkISize, GrBackendFormat const&, SkBudgeted, GrMipmapped, GrProtected, void const*, unsigned long) in libskia.a(gpu.GrMtlGpu.o)
      GrMtlGpu::onWrapRenderableBackendTexture(GrBackendTexture const&, int, GrWrapOwnership, GrWrapCacheable) in libskia.a(gpu.GrMtlGpu.o)
      GrMtlGpu::onWrapBackendRenderTarget(GrBackendRenderTarget const&) in libskia.a(gpu.GrMtlGpu.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Anybody knows witch lib I am missing?

Thanks, Björn

Googling

isPlatformVersionAtLeast

would suggest you may need to upgrade Xcode

Did google (always the first thing I do) and also upgraded to Xcode 10.1. Another upgrade would require me to go to macOS 10.14, too… :no_mouth:

This is an unfortunate fact of developing for macOS :frowning:, you could try and build skia lib yourself, rather than using the download

Will try, thanks Oli! :+1: