FL Studio refuses to load example plugins

Hello, I am new to using this plugin interface. I have followed the provided windows tutorial, and I have made sure the file is set to compile with the FL Studio setting under select_host.py. I do receive one strange error when I compile, but the program proceeds, and even works within the Visual Studio debugger as intended.

|Error|MSB3073|The command CALL C:\Users\minio\iPlug2\Examples\IPlugInstrument\scripts\postbuild-win.bat .vst3 IPlugInstrument Win32 1 C:\Users\minio\iPlug2\Examples\IPlugInstrument\build-win\vst3\Win32\Debug\IPlugInstrument.vst3 C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins C:\Program Files\VstPlugins C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3 C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins C:\Users\minio\iPlug2\Examples\IPlugInstrument\build-win C:\Users\minio\iPlug2\Examples\IPlugInstrument\projects\..\..\..\Dependencies\IPlug\VST3_SDK\doc\artwork\VST_Logo_Steinberg.ico C:\Users\minio\iPlug2\Examples\IPlugInstrument\projects\..\..\..\Dependencies\IPlug\AAX_SDK\Utilities\PlugIn.ico C:\Users\minio\iPlug2\Examples\IPlugInstrument\projects\..\..\..\Scripts\create_bundle.bat<br>:VCEnd exited with code 9009.|IPlugInstrument-vst3|C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets|155||

FL Studio returns this error when I try to load it

There was a problem opening the plugin IPlugInstrument for an unknown reason. Please make sure it was installed correctly.

My other question, am I putting the compiled program in the proper folder? My current path for it is

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\IPlugInstrument.vst3
To clarify, this is the folder within build-win

Thank you in advance!

It looks like you are building a 32 bit binary. Maybe choosing x64 will work?

The post build script may be failing if some of these VST folders dont exist

If your paths are different, you can specify them here:

I’ll give this a try and get back to you, thank you!

The issue still persists, here is a copy of my paths there:

<VST2_32_HOST_PATH Condition="'$(VST2_32_HOST_PATH)'==''">$(ProgramFiles)\Image-Line\FL Studio 20\FL.exe</VST2_32_HOST_PATH>
    <VST2_64_HOST_PATH Condition="'$(VST2_64_HOST_PATH)'==''">$(ProgramFiles)\Image-Line\FL Studio 20\FL64.exe</VST2_64_HOST_PATH>
    <VST3_32_HOST_PATH Condition="'$(VST3_32_HOST_PATH)'==''">$(ProgramFiles)\Image-Line\FL Studio 20\FL.exe</VST3_32_HOST_PATH>
    <VST3_64_HOST_PATH Condition="'$(VST3_64_HOST_PATH)'==''">$(ProgramFiles)\Image-Line\FL Studio 20\FL64.exe</VST3_64_HOST_PATH>
    <VST3_32_PATH Condition="'$(VST3_32_PATH)'==''">$(CommonProgramFiles)\VST3</VST3_32_PATH>
    <VST3_64_PATH Condition="'$(VST3_64_PATH)'==''">$(CommonProgramW6432)\VST3</VST3_64_PATH>
    <VST2_32_PATH Condition="'$(VST2_32_PATH)'==''">$(ProgramFiles)\VstPlugins</VST2_32_PATH>
    <VST2_64_PATH Condition="'$(VST2_64_PATH)'==''">$(ProgramW6432)\VstPlugins</VST2_64_PATH>
    <AAX_32_PATH Condition="'$(AAX_32_PATH)'==''">$(CommonProgramFiles)\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins</AAX_32_PATH>
    <AAX_64_PATH Condition="'$(AAX_64_PATH)'==''">$(CommonProgramW6432)\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins</AAX_64_PATH>

Also, when I try to compile the aax instead it tells me it cannot open file AAXLibrary_x64_D.lib, am I missing a dependency there? I added the AAX_SDK as instructed in README.md.

It’s possible you don’t have write permissions to the VST3 folders. Did you do this part of the tutorial:

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 in explorer and right click, selecting “Properties”. On the “Security” tab, give the group “Users” full control

Full control is enabled already it appears.

Is there another part of the tutorial I’m missing? I followed the one here.

No that is the tutorial.

C:\Users\minio\iPlug2\Examples\IPlugInstrument\projects\..\..\..\Dependencies\IPlug\VST3_SDK\doc\artwork\VST_Logo_Steinberg.ico C:\Users\minio\iPlug2\Examples\IPlugInstrument\projects\..\..\..\Dependencies\IPlug\AAX_SDK\Utilities\PlugIn.ico

do these files exist?

Yes, I’ve found both in their respective paths.

Not sure what is going on but create_bundle.bat can’t find some files