I’m having trouble building the VST3 versions of IPlug2 projects and launching them with Reaper. First, if the .vst3 file is already present in the “C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3” folder, the VST3 bundling script fails due to an inability to access the filepath. If I delete the preexisting VST3 build, the release version will compile and launch Reaper, but not the debug version.
When I initially got the release version to compile without error, though, the plugin was still not recognized by Reaper. Working in my own project, I rebuilt the project and changed who-knows-what, which somehow got Reaper to recognize it and load the plugin. However, when I tried to generate the IPlugInstrument example (I wanted to compare the CPU usage), Reaper still can’t find the plugin, despite the .vst3 file being generated in the same place as the one for my own project (the VST3 plugin folder in Program Files).