IPlug2 clap branch doesn’t currently compile

Hi,

IPlug2 clap branch doesn’t currently compile.
(my setup: Windows 10, VS2019, everything up to date)

To make sure, I cloned a fresh IPlug2, switched to the clap branch, got all the necessary dependencies installed (CLAP_HELPERS, CLAP_SDK, and VST3_SDK for good measure).
I then duplicated IPlugEffect.
VST3 works without problems.
CLAP gives the following compiler error:

1>C:\Users\Heeb\Documents\iPlug2.x\IPlug\IPlugQueue.h(97,41): error C2440: '<function-style-cast>': cannot convert from 'initializer list' to 'T'
1>        with
1>        [
1>            T=iplug::IPlugCLAP::ParamToHost
1>        ] (compiling source file ..\..\..\IPlug\CLAP\IPlugCLAP.cpp)
1>C:\Users\Heeb\Documents\iPlug2.x\IPlug\IPlugQueue.h(92,1): message : No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous (compiling source file ..\..\..\IPlug\CLAP\IPlugCLAP.cpp)
1>C:\Users\Heeb\Documents\iPlug2.x\IPlug\CLAP\IPlugCLAP.cpp(57): message : see reference to function template instantiation 'bool iplug::IPlugQueue<iplug::IPlugCLAP::ParamToHost>::PushFromArgs<iplug::IPlugCLAP::ParamToHost::Type,int,double>(iplug::IPlugCLAP::ParamToHost::Type,int,double)' being compiled
1>C:\Users\Heeb\Documents\iPlug2.x\IPlug\CLAP\IPlugCLAP.cpp(57): message : see reference to function template instantiation 'bool iplug::IPlugQueue<iplug::IPlugCLAP::ParamToHost>::PushFromArgs<iplug::IPlugCLAP::ParamToHost::Type,int,double>(iplug::IPlugCLAP::ParamToHost::Type,int,double)' being compiled
1>Done building project "Testing-clap.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

Switching back to a few days ago using:

git reset --hard b6a2e2fba2b7d1752e406892f23f3b8e81f7f013 --

makes it compile again, so something happened since then.

I like to stay very much up to date; is this something that’ll be fixed soon, or should I stay on b6a2e2fb… for now?

Many thanks,

Matthijs

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm that I have the same issue on MacOS (tested the same way by IPlugEffect on CLAP and VST3), and that resetting back to the commit Matthijs mentioned fixes the issue.

1 Like

I’ve reverted the commit that doesn’t compile for now.

FYI: CLAP support is bleeding edge and subject to breaking changes while we get it right - proceed with caution!

1 Like

Hi Oli,

Many thanks, and also many thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing on it :slight_smile:

Of course, well aware.
I like living on that bleeding edge, firstly to be able to support the CLAP standard as soon as possible (the more plugins & DAWs that support it, the better), and secondly to help iPlug2 by finding & reporting bugs, etc.

:slight_smile:

I absolutely second that!!!

1 Like