REAPER Shows LOTS of extra parameters. Where did they come from?

It doesn’t necessarily materially impact my ability to develop a plugin, but I’m wondering why there are so many extra parameters for the plugin (see image). The only ones I made intentionally are gain, duty, noiseMode, and shape, so where did the others come from?

To make VST3 plugins respond to arbitrary MIDI CCs it’s necessary to add parameters for those CCs, Reaper seems to show those parameters in the Param view.

That makes sense. That being said, is there a way to turn them off? Especially given that I don’t actually support most of them.

if you declare VST3_NUM_CC_CHANS=0 in EXTRA_ALL_DEFS

In my opinion Reaper shouldn’t show MIDI params here, even if they exist

Yeah, it probably shouldn’t, on the other hand FL Studio is reporting them as well. Seems to me that any MIDI params that are added will show up. That being said, I’m not really sure they’re necessary. As long as the plugin reacts to OnMidiMessage, it shouldn’t really matter if the MIDI params are there, right?

Actually, let me test that and I’ll get back to you.

Just tested, and as long as I’m responding to MIDI message in ProcessMidiMsg I can handle things just fine. We don’t need to those parameters to be able to receive MIDI controls, at least not in REAPER or FL Studio. I can’t attest to that for other DAWs.

Don’t see how MIDI CCs would work without these params. https://steinbergmedia.github.io/vst3_doc/vstinterfaces/classSteinberg_1_1Vst_1_1IMidiMapping.html

I’ll do more thorough testing, but my plugin still plays MIDI notes without the extra parameters. I’ll test more thoroughly with a MIDI controller to see what happens. I suspect that with those params enabled, my MIDI controller with automatically send values, and without them I’ll have to use REAPER’s controller mapping functionality. I’ll post a reply once I’ve run some more tests.

Yes, MIDI notes will be fine. MIDI CCs wont work

Tested more thoroughly and you’re correct. MIDI CC values aren’t sent through normally, only via parameter. That being said, I’ll keep mine off and let my users use their DAW to map the parameters, if they so desire. That being said, I think maybe a tutorial on how to map specific params to MIDI would be useful. I can look into writing it myself later on, but it won’t be for a week or two.