Problem with iPlug2 setup for AAX on win10

I can build app, VST2, and VST3 but the AAX version fails. I downloaded the AAX_SDK (AAX_SDK_2p2p2) and put the contents of the AAX_SDK_2p2p2 folder in iPlug2\Dependencies\IPlug\AAX_SDK.

Can someone who has successfully built an AAX version help me out here? Obviously something wrong with how AAX_SDK is installed.

When I build the IPlugEffect solution (with VC++ Community 2019) I get the following errors

4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.h(147,44): error C3646: ‘AAX_OVERRIDE’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.cpp)
4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.h(155,123): error C3646: ‘AAX_OVERRIDE’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.cpp)
4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.h(156,49): error C3646: ‘AAX_OVERRIDE’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.cpp)
4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.h(157,111): error C3646: ‘AAX_OVERRIDE’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.cpp)
4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.h(158,40): error C3646: ‘AAX_OVERRIDE’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.cpp)
4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.cpp(19,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: ‘AAX_Exception.h’: No such file or directory

4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.h(147,44): error C3646: ‘AAX_OVERRIDE’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Describe.cpp)
4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.h(155,123): error C3646: ‘AAX_OVERRIDE’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Describe.cpp)
4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.h(156,49): error C3646: ‘AAX_OVERRIDE’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Describe.cpp)
4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.h(157,111): error C3646: ‘AAX_OVERRIDE’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Describe.cpp)
4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Parameters.h(158,40): error C3646: ‘AAX_OVERRIDE’: unknown override specifier (compiling source file …\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Describe.cpp)
4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Describe.cpp(55,20): error C2065: ‘AAX_eStemFormat_Ambi_1_ACN’: undeclared identifier
4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Describe.cpp(60,20): error C2065: ‘AAX_eStemFormat_Ambi_2_ACN’: undeclared identifier
4>C:\Users\Quentin\Desktop\SW Development\VST Projects\iPlug2\IPlug\AAX\IPlugAAX_Describe.cpp(62,20): error C2065: ‘AAX_eStemFormat_Ambi_3_ACN’: undeclared identifier

you need AAX_SDK_2p3p2

Thanks, Oli and thanks for an amazing piece of work this iPlug2.

OK, so using the correct AAX_SDK helped but I did have to make an additional change for the aax project.
In IPLugEffect Properties->General->Configfuration Type (both x32 and x64) I had to change to Static Lib from Dynamic.
I didn’t check but I imagine same needs to be done in the other Example projects.

i believe this info is here

Well, what i mentioned is an additional step for Windows not in the Readme. The runtime lib setting was already correct after i cloned. But the Configuration Type was set to Dynamic lib and needed to be changed to static for aax.

The AAX library project was set to dynamic lib?

Yes. I’ll look at some other examples. To see how they are setup.