Reaper exception IplugControl

Hi,
When I first compiled IplugControl with Visua Studio 2017 I got an exception in reaper
Exception thrown at 0x0000000000000000 in reaper.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation executing location 0x0000000000000000.
in the file nanovg_gl.h in the function glnvg__createShader line 441
prog = glCreateProgram();

Any idea?
thanks in advance
Tuğrul

If you did compile the latest one without any changes I would guess it is a driver/hardware issue. The GL part seems not to be correctly initialized. Try to debug the code and verify if the init of the basic GL component is successful.

1 Like

I had the same error on an old computer, seems the problem is graphic library not supported. Maybe try to run your plugin on some newer computer or change graphic library.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply,
4-5 months ago, I stopped working on the plugin I was developing. Everything was working in that time. When I looked at it today, I observed the exception that I mentioned above in the compile running plugin. Then, when I tried the IPLUG2 core samples I saw that the same error occurred. I suddenly wondered what has changed. It is a PC with Windows 7 operating system, but its updates are not under my control, the IT of the company I work with controls the pc. or corona effect :slight_smile:
I wonder if I get OPEN GL out of the build structure? I am not doing anything with OpenGL (or does IPLUG2 use it by default?) If this is possible, how can I remove OPENGL from the build job? .

Thanks for your helps

Check this document https://github.com/iPlug2/iPlug2/wiki/03_Switching_graphics

The default backend (NanoVG) uses OpenGL2, which should be reasonably well supported even on integrated GPUs, however the machine has to have the right drivers installed (from the GPU manufacturer). If they just rely on windows default drivers it can fail. Perhaps the company you work with changed their image and the new image has the wrong driver.

If you want to avoid this problem you can use a CPU backend such as Cairo or Skia with IGRAPHICS_CPU defined, but these backends may be noticeably slow on high DPI screens. Skia CPU is meant to be pretty fast so I would suggest trying that

1 Like

So what I understand is that I have to download and build SKIA or CAIRO.
True?
or is there any easy way to handle this?
Thanks

If you look in the IPlug2 repository, you’ll see in folder Dependencies a script download-prebuilt-libs.sh.

Oli builds most of the dependencies and makes them available for download. You CAN build them yourself, but you don’t necessarily HAVE to.

1 Like

Thanks for this life-saving information.
When I try to find out the reason about this problem, something came to my mind . Previously, I was developing the plugin with the pc at work. Now I am working remotely from home because of the corona pandemy. While looking at the display graphics card and drivers information, it came to my mind that different drivers can be used in the remote connection. In this case, that driver that don’t support OpenGL2 in the remote connection, may have been used.
In this case, if I go to work, I will probably be able to work with OPENGL2.

Thanks a lot